PC Fixer in Los Angeles has been perfecting the PC tuneup process for over 13 years. Want to make your computer faster? Here are the top ten ways to do so:..
- Adjust your startup items with the msconfig command. Knowing what to turn off takes experience.
- Adjust your startup services with the msconfig command. Knowing what you can turn off takes much experience and is different for every computer.
- Turn of desktop wallpaper, clean out your temporary file folder and adjust the Windows GUI.
- Run Spyware Doctor 4.0, update it and remove spyware.
- Uninstall Norton Antivirus or other bloated security software packages and replace them with efficient software such as Eset NOD32.
- Clean, optimize and compact the Windows registry with a program such as Registry Mechanic.
- Run bootvis. This unofficial Microsoft program will speed boot and shutdown times.
- Defragment the computer.
- Install more memory... --